Every marriage needs a healthy dose of on-going romance to add spice, delight, and fun to the relationship. It's not enough to just start out with a sizzling romance. You have to find a way to keep the romance alive as the months and years accumulate.
One of the marital challenges many couples face is how to live together without losing that special romantic spark. It's all-too-easy to lose the role of lover along the way. When this happens, spouses often start relating to each other as they would to a friend or a sibling. Parents can begin to feel they are only "business partners" joined together to raise their children and keep the household running.
How can you keep romance alive when your daily work schedule is grueling, you're always short on time and energy, and you're not sure what to do? Here are ten tips to help you sprinkle romance into your marriage:
1. Pay attention when your spouse mentions things he or she likes or expresses interest in something that could make a good gift, such as a new CD, a book, or theater/concert/sports tickets. Be on the lookout for ideas for birthday, holiday, and anniversary gifts, plus "no reason" surprise gifts. It's very flattering to know that someone really tried to find a gift that was just what you wanted.
2. Frequently offer foot massages, shoulder massages, and full-body massages to your spouse. You'll get plenty of romantic brownie points in your "relationship bank account" if you keep some great-smelling lotion handy and take ten minutes to massage your spouse's tired feet at the end of a long work day. Note: If you expect to be rewarded for your efforts by sex, you won't accumulate any points for being romantic. Your spouse will just think you have an ulterior motive when you offer a massage in the future.
3. Giving sweet cards and letters to your spouse can be romantic, as can emails and phone messages that share your feelings and passion. Handwritten letters sent through the mail are becoming more and more of a rarity. That's good for you because that means your spouse will think you're really romantic for taking the time to write a love letter by hand and mail it. That will make more of an impact than just sending an email if you want to get extra brownie points.
4. Another way to be romantic is to look for opportunities to pamper and spoil your spouse. That might be letting a spouse sleep in late while you watch the kids, or it could be telling your partner to sit down and relax while you clean up after dinner. The key is in the delivery of the offer. You might say, "Nothing's too good for my sweetheart" or "You're such a love. It's fun to pamper you." You can accompany your words with a hug or kiss
5. Talking in front of your spouse to someone else about your partner's good points is romantic. Take full advantage of opportunities to say, 'I'm so lucky to have such a supportive wife (or husband)--she's such a treasure. I'm a lucky man." You can also do this when you're talking on the phone and know that your spouse is within listening range. If you're not sure your partner heard you, when you get off the phone ask, "Did you hear me telling my sister what a great husband you are? I was really bragging on you!"
6. In the romance department, flowers, plants, candy, or a special home-cooked meal never go out of favor. Many females love to receive beautiful fresh flowers or a box of delicious chocolate candy. Both husbands and wives can appreciate the efforts of a partner to put together an intimate, special home-cooked meal by candlelight with music playing and flowers on the table.
7. Surprise your spouse with a framed picture of the two of you in a setting that will bring back pleasant memories. Another option is to frame a picture of your spouse that shows him or her in a flattering way and let your partner know how much you love the photo. Keep it on your nightstand, computer, dresser, or desk and let your spouse see you looking at it admiringly.
8. Take the initiative to plan a surprise weekend outing. Call and make all the arrangements ahead of time. The outing doesn't have to be expensive or complex. It might be as simple as planning a picnic at a nearby scenic spot. You might prepare the surprise picnic lunch when your spouse is in the shower. Or you might make arrangements for a restaurant to pack a gourmet lunch for the two of you that you could pick up on your way out of town.
9. Music that you and your spouse both like can set a romantic tone. If you see a movie that you both enjoyed a lot, you might consider buying the sound track as a surprise gift the following week. You could also select a song that you both like and decide to make it "your song." Or you could pick a song and tell your spouse that it reminds you of him or her for some positive reason.
10. Celebrate every occasion you can think of--the anniversary of the day you met, when you became engaged, your marriage anniversary, your birthdays, seeing the full moon, and anything else you can come up with. You can toast with champagne (or non-alcoholic champagne) and perhaps have a celebration meal. But it can be just as fun to make a big deal out of going out for an ice cream cone to celebrate.
Promotional holiday food gifts are the number 1 holiday gift item that businesses hand out.
Promotional gift baskets are a great way to offer custom logo messages of thanks to a customer or employee. Promotional food items include logo printed candy, chocolate, candy jars, popcorn, pretzel and cookie tins. These printed food gift baskets and corporate gift foods can be drop shipped to your customers. Don't forget to have us imprint a logo chocolate bar or other logo sharing moments candy.
Drop off a custom and promotional printed candy jars or personalized glass candy jars to your customer's office and every time you stop in, refill it with candy or chocolate. Think of how many people will see your logo message on custom logo apothecary jars.
Custom printed gourmet chocolate gifts like the personalized and promotional cheese baskets and logo printed cheese gift sets are a perfect addition to any party. There are even promotional food and cheese gift packages that include logo branded cutting boards.
Consider these personalized gourmet gift sets, promotional and personalized chocolate gifts and other custom logo holiday gift food baskets. Looking for honest-to-goodness Honey Roasted Peanuts originally found at America's ballparks? Why not give out promotional peanuts and jumbo cashews, Pecan Turtles, English Butter Toffee, Chocolate Covered Almonds, and more. Do you know that there are logoed wooden boxes where the message is fire-branded into the wooden box. You can consider a beautiful logo printed ribbon tied around a gourmet gift box.
Express your appreciation to customers and impress new and prospective customers with custom logo and promotional chocolate candy gifts and other personalized chocolate candy. Consider a 2 pound custom printed chocolate bars that even come with a hammer so the entire office can share.
Promotional cookie tins are great food gifts. holiday cookie tins and Christmas cookie tins make for a great gift when you need to say thank you to an entire office.
Custom imprinted wrappers on chocolate bars and granola bars can be printed with a custom design or message or event theme.
Logo printed plastic airtight and promotional acrylic containers are some of the personalized food containers and popcorn containers can be used by students, workers who bring lunch and on trips. These promotional food containers be used constantly and kept for years thus promoting your company.
Personalized holiday gift food baskets and other custom logo gourmet gift baskets are the perfect office gift when you have many people to please. Choose from the many promotional corporate gift food baskets, including the Deluxe Office Party Basket, the Snowflake Basket, the Copper Beverage Tub or Celebration Basket.
There are many promotional food gift options like the custom logo gourmet food gift towers and other personalized gift baskets. Choose from the Five Star Tower, Gold Rush Tower, Snowflake Tower, Snowman and other Food Gift Tower options.
There are also hand-crafted and hand-painted promotional wooden food gift trucks, delivery vans an ambulance, classic 18 wheeler, tank truck and more. Each can be personalized truck is filled with your choice of chocolate covered almonds, extra fancy jumbo cashews. Your custom logo information is imprinted onto the side of each truck.
When you need a special thank-you gift, like frame gifts or other promotional product food gifts, why not look at Food Gift Desk Items or post-it note holders packaged with chocolate covered almonds in a beautiful gift box. Have you seen our desktop jelly belly jelly bean dispensers or our Hardwood Pen and Pencil Cups filled with fancy jumbo cashews or our other desktop food gift items?
These custom logo printed spiral sliced and holiday gourmet hams and smoked turkeys each come with a walnut and maple cutting board that has your logo fire branded into the wood. So long after the food has been eaten, the cutting stays with the recipient. Consider drop shipping these promotional holiday foods to your customers each with personalized letters.
Promotional and personalized microwave popcorn bags are a great draw for trade show booths. When you're popping with great ideas, hand out a custom printed microwave popcorn bags.
Promotional popcorn gift tins are great holiday food gifts when you need to say thank you to an entire office.
Promotional pretzel tins and personalized food tins are great food gifts when you need to say thank you to an entire office.